Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hitchcock's Movie: The Torn Curtain

Torn Curtain:

What I liked: Another great Hitchcock Film with all the fantastic takes. There's the usual cameo appearance of Hitchcok himself in the hotel scene. Hitchcock with a baby on his knee.

I especially liked the gassing of the German security guard. With his head in the oven all we see are his hands as he dies. Really fine filming.

The film stars Paul Newman and Julie Andrews. Hitchcock's 50th thriller produced in 1966 and rated PG.

What I disliked: I did not like the casting of Julie Andrews as Newman's fiancée. I think she was cast because of her box office draw and popularity at the time.

That aside the film is well worth your time and money. It's an entertaining experience to see Paul Newman in his handsome, youthful days.

No comments: