Thursday, March 19, 2009

Turn The River: The Movie!


The Movie:

Kailey Sullivan (Famke Janssen), a small time pool hustler suspects her son's father, the custodial parent, of physically abusing the him. Kailey has a plan to change the situation using her skill at playing pool. She calls on her mentor, Teddy (Rip Torn), and her pool shark talents to win enough money to take her son across the border into Canada.

What I liked: Famke Janssen is an outstanding actress and she's beautiful. What I liked most, however, is the "Final Shot". Seeing is worth the price of admission. I found this flick in our public library. It was produced in 2007. I rate it a 4 star on a 5 star scale.
What I disliked: Rip Torn is a seasoned actor with a lot of experience but somehow I just could not relate to his character in this film. Another actor I had a hard time watching was Matt Ross. I've seen him in other films and he was fine but not so here.

Get this film. You'll love watching Famke Janssen make the "Final Shot"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Famke is awesome in this movie- really shows how good of an actress she is. I just wish they could have created a better movie around her. the kid (Jamie Dornan i think is the actor's name) is really good too